Monday, February 06, 2006

BLIMEY....we're off to Sweden

So I resigned today...it went quite well all in all, in fact it went damn well, everyone seemed to be happy for me, which is always a good sign. So no longer the Bank of New York in London, instead me and Sarah are selling up and we're off to Stockholm, and not only that, but I've managed to get a job with Microsoft in Sweden. How cool is that? Well basically very cool indeed - on many levels:

1. It means that I'll be able to support us when we arrive
2. Microsoft will no doubt help me with a few points of integration
3. I'm gonna work for Microsoft in a cool techie role.
4. Change is always rewarding, and quitting your job and country of residence in the space of 2 months is some pretty hefty change.
5. see point 3....

I'm gonna miss working with several of current colleagues (Dom, Frances, Sam, Howard, Tim and others) and my current boss John has taught me a whole load about the bigger (non techie) picture, but its time to move on.

More to the point I'm sure I'll miss all my London friends and family as well, its bound to be a bit tough, and god, let's not forget relocating the cats as well, cos that's bound to be quite stressful, but these are all details, and at the end of the day, its just logistics (or that's what I keep telling myself!) If I tried to write the full list here of things to do...well you can imagine, its quite long....

The past 2 weeks have been fairly mad, what with 2 telephone interviews with Microsoft, flying to Stockholm for a very very intense day long interview, including some very challenging technical tests, my wedding anniversary and general thoughts and planning on how the hell I'm gonna close down all my London connections in such a short space of time. But hey - it'll be fine. All I can in summary is that I feel alive and shockingly excited, so let's see what life brings...

Categories: ,

No comments: