Friday, May 05, 2006

Today was a good day (well even better than the other days)

So yesterday afternoon we received our personnummers (like an NI number basically) but as documented previusly this leads to all powerful abilities in Sweden, where administrative doors open for you! Therefore today we managed to open a bank account, which of course means I can get paid this month, and also pick up our car - see flickr and other posts...So basically we're feeling pretty satisfied cos we've done nearly all the initial admin that is needed. Also we went to the bar up the road (Rastaurang Torget - which means railway restaurant) for a couple of quick beers, and it was dead nice, so we'll probably return there before we leave Akalla for Sollentuna at the end of the month. It seemed to be serving some fantastic home cooked food for about £5 as well, which is an added bonus. I saw the most amazing calzone appear from the kitchen, which confirmed my view that I had to return, but then I'd eaten pizza for lunch anyway, which is why I didn't dive straight in there.

No comments: