Wednesday, June 28, 2006

A slow week

I've been a bit miserable this week. I've missed alot of people in London and wished that I could just go out for a quick beer. Hey Ho - I'm going back on the weekend of 28th July for 4 days, so that'll be good.

Obviously I went back to London on the weekend of 9th June and I had a pretty damn fine time all in all. I rushed around and saw a lot of people. It was totally great to hook up with everyone, even if it was only for a few hours sometimes, but it was a bloody great time.

So there we go.

Thoughts apart from that:

Reading: Debugging Applications for .NET and Windows (well re-reading some of it in truth)
Meaning to also re-read: Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance – its been a while
Meaning to lookup: is there a new Douglas coupland novel out? Its been ages since I read any fiction, its just been tech tech tech for past 3 months
Apart from: Guardian Weekly, and a copy of the “real” guardian I got at central station during the week – G2 heaven – I do miss it.

Thinking: Cycling to work – brilliant
Exercising: see above + swimming in lakes, and more swimming in lakes – nice!! And a few weights at home since my shoulders are feeling almost fixed…..

Working: SQL Performance issues mostly this week, and fixing next door neighbours PCs – well trying to anyway, I always find it hard to say no to request like this, but then you just know what you’re going to find – a mirriad of half installed half removed malware internet downloaded hardware conflicting device crunching driver corrupting application hanging type of crap. If it was mine I’d wipe it clean and start again!!

Drooling over: New Lego Mindstorms NXT , due out in 6 weeks to general release – I need to try this I think. I definately need to build some robots. My neighbour has one of those robotic lawnmowers. I watch it trundle around the garden. In terms of lawnmowings, its utterly inefficient, it takes about 3 hours to cut a tiny 10 sq metres lawn, but its dead good to watch.....(insert your own comment about how sad I am here!)

1 comment:

Steve said...

You are so sad, that you need this site - www.makezine.com
Right up your street.

The Coupland book is jpod, i think.

It was good to see you too. I've resigned this week, so I'll be in BCN soon, and then up to see you guys sometime before xmas. I'll see you at the end of July of course.