Friday, April 14, 2006

I bought car yesterday

which is quite weird after 10 years without one. Its blue VW Golf. Its nice, I wanted a Volvo V50 dual fuel eco car (I've got the saloon version hired at the moment) but couldn't bring myself to spend the extra 7 grand. Buying a car was bad enough after all these years. Buy hey we got a good deal (I think!) from the dealer, we get free insurance for 3 months, half price insurance for 2 years, its still guaranteed and its about 15 months old.

He even gave us 5000 SEK off when we couldn't choose which colour we wanted and because Sarah kept pointing out chips in the paint work of each one we looked at. The truth is of course that EVERY car in Sweden has chips in the paintwork after 5 minutes because of all the gravel they drop on the road during winter. But hey I wasn't complaining.....it was decidely painless experience after all this time, and I was never going to be one to haggle.

Mabe I'll trade it in for a volvo when the house has sold ;-)

Categories: ,

No comments: