Sunday, July 23, 2006

How complex can it be to sell a house?

So - my house sale must be as simple as it possibly comes.

I'm looking for a quick sale - have no chain - have left country and am desperate to sell. There's no holdups , no structural problems, no nothing.

My buyers also have no chain, they're first time buyers with money in the bank renting a house down the road.

We've both been ready to do the deal since about mid May - and yet its now nearly the end of July. This week we resorted to phoning the solicitors and the estate agents at least once a day, just trying to find out what the fuck everyone was doing, and what the possible delay could be.

It seemed to eventually turn out that basically both solicitors were just completely lazy and useless and the only reason they haven't exchanged is that they just couldn't be arsed. Frankly I'm unimpressed, but they kinda half me by the balls I guess. To change at this point in time would be pointless and they're now assuring us that they're gonna exchange this week, but by god its been painful. I hate to think how it would have been had either of us had somewhere else in the chain....

Its continues to stupify me how difficult a relatively simple process can be made. I suppose I could bang on here now about how easy it is to do such a deal in Sweden, but that'd just be pointless eh? I guess we should have just spent alot more time alot earlier in the process ringing them every day trying to make it happen, but frankly I'm paying them so why would I want to do their f'ing job for them...it's like "Have you phoned the other solicitor" - "well no" - " well do you think that maybe you should"...god its frustrating. Why they think its going to magically happen without them actualyl doing any work is beyond me....

I think that it would also be far fairer to note that Sarah has done all of this, and showed extreme patience in the process. i think I would have just called everyone a complete fuckwit by this point in time, and alienated any hope of the solicitors every getting off their fat arses to earn their money.

respect to sarah...
bollocks to solicitors....

Anyway - roll on us being given a huge sum of money - we're nearly there....

No comments: